The whole civilized world justly consider trade fairs and standards of the exhibition centers to be the face of nation and the indicator of industrial and humanitarian development of any country, respectively. Since the expo-blocks of the International Exhibition Centre were commissioned, Ukraine gained the opportunity to organize and to hold exhibitions and events of the European standards.
The International Exhibition Centre is the biggest expo building in Ukraine combining three premium-class pavilions into unified architectural ensemble with 58000 square meters of total area, including 28 018 square meters of exhibition area, which engineering capability allows realizing of the most daring exhibition projects and holding of events of different scale and levels of complexity.
The idea to build such a unique integrated facility incomparable to any other system in the country and acknowledged as one of the best in Europe belongs to Mr. Victor Tkachenko ( at that time he managed Kyiv Palace of Sports, than in 2011he became the president of IEC)
For it`s implementation, on the initiative of Kyiv Palace of Sports, the International Exhibition Centre Company was incorporated. The famous Ukrainian architect Mr. Yanush Wig was the project creator. Works on design were headed by Kyivproject, Inc. Mr. Eduard Safronov was the Chief Architect of the construction program. Architectural design work of the second stage (the second and third pavilions of IEC) was served by architectural private entrepreneur "Architect Gershenzon" (the chief architect of the project M.Gershenzon). The most significant contribution to the Exhibition Centre construction was made by “Ukrmonolitspecbud” concern (Goncharov L.I.), “Seim-93” company (Kaminskiy A.V.), CJSC “Energomontazhventyliacia” (Korbut V.P. Ishenko A.U.), OJSC "V. Shimanovsky UkrRDIsteelconstruction" (Shimanovskiy O.V.).
Mr. Anatoly Tkachenko was appointed to be IEC General Manager from the very beginning.
The integrated facility complies with all up-to-date requirements towards the buildings of that kind:
- the three expo-blocks have 15 gates to deliver bulky cargo directly to the exhibition halls. There is a congress-hall and fourteen conference halls with capacity from 90 up to 600 places, negotiation rooms, premises for valuables and arms keeping, cafes and fast food restaurants, WCs, checkrooms, air conditioning system. Convenient driveways lead to parking lots for 2 500 cars;
- technical equipment satisfies any demands of exhibition operators and organizers of different events in terms of both design solutions and services. The exhibition halls can be easily divided by mobile partition walls into isolated rooms to stage several events at one and the same time.
- Floors can bear extremely high loadings and 25 meters from the floor up to frame works make it possible to deliver bulky cargoes by means of powerful crane trucks, enable the erection of 2- and 3-storey booths and various exhibition constructions.
- Each exhibitor and organizer of events can be provided with water and power supply and drainage, Internet access, direct phone number, telecommunication systems with simultaneous translation into appropriate language, office accommodations, banking and many other services. In general, there is nothing impossible for the International Exhibition Centre that does not breach the law and safety measures;
- the integrated facility is advantageously situated five minutes walk from Livoberezhna underground station at Brovarsky Avenue and only some stops by metro or 10 minutes away from the centre of the city. It also has good connection with Boryspil International Airport lying at 27 km distance. Direct underground connection will help our exhibitors, participants of events and guests to get to the International Exhibition Centre from the railway station. There are *** and **** star hotels Tourist, Adria, Slavutich and Bratislava nearby, where the IEC booking service will always reserve a required number of accommodations.
Since opening in October 2002, International Exhibition Centre right away became one of the recognized leaders in staging authoritative domestic and world forums. In fact, the first step of the IEC was the organization of the International Production and Safety '2002 Industrial Forum. A great exhibition "Industry of City to Kyivites" opened the season of 2003, and about fifty exhibitions of different trends were organized that year.
A year after, in 2004, over seventy scaled events took place at the Centre. During last three years more than 200 international exhibition events took place in the territory of International Exhibition Centre, with about 50 thousand exhibitors and nearly two million visitors.
Highly qualified employees of International Exhibition Center have a huge experience in hosting and organization of high-ranking international events. In particular IEC hosted 5th European Conference of Environmental Ministers "Environment for Europe", Executive Assembly of the World Energy Council, 7th European Ministerial Conference on the Mass Media Policy and 8th European Ministerial Conference on Migration, 20th Meeting of the OBSE Ministerial Council.
"Environment for Europe" conference gathered the executives from 55 countries: ministers on environmental protection and 18 international organizations. The conference was fruitful and resulted in three important international environmental memorandums that, in view of the mass media and the experts, pioneered in the coordination of environmental protection efforts and built a framework to assure a stable development of Europe and the world as a whole.
The Executive Assembly of the World Energy Council was attended by 344 delegates, including the WEC executives, members of national energy committees, chairpersons and key experts of energy ministries and organizations as well as their attendants from 65 countries of the world. Among the CIS countries only Ukraine was honored to be a venue of this annual forum (WEC includes 90 countries). The Day of Energy Sector of Ukraine and the exhibition of equipment, technologies and scientific achievements of the branch were the key occurrences of this forum organized by International Exhibition Centre in association with the Ministry of Fuel and Power Engineering of Ukraine. Chairman of the World Energy Council Antonio del Rosario and Secretary General of the World Energy Council Jerald Dusset attended the Assembly. 106 journalists presenting the leading overseas and almost all domestic central, local and branch editions were accredited at the Press Centre of the International Exhibition Centre to cover these events.
The government delegations from 44 countries took part in the 7th European Ministerial Conference on Mass Media Policy held under the auspices of the Council of Europe. 8th European Ministerial Conference on Migration (4-5.09.2008) gathered 40 government delegations of member states of the Council of Europe and observers from 20 countries.
The International Exhibition Center was granted special certificates of the Council of Europe for organization of 7th and 8th European Ministerial Conferences.
20th OSCE Ministerial Council was culmination of Ukrainian Chairmanship of the OSCE and the biggest international event of the intergovernmental character of the territory of Ukraine since its independency. For the high level of the OSCE Ministerial Council preparation and organization OSCE General Secretary Lamberto Zannier expressed his personal gratitude to Anatoliy Tkachenko, General Director of International Exhibition Centre and presented a special award – OSCE Certificate
Today the IEC also organizes several prestigious exhibition events of its own. Most of them are supported by respective ministries, departments, associations, and international forums are held under the auspices of the Government of Ukraine and with participation of top state executives, who admitted the high level of these events more than once.
In particular, these are annual wide-scaled international forums such as: "Arms and Security"(weapons, protection facilities and special-purpose engineering), "Fuel and Energy Complex of Ukraine: the Present and the Future", "AgroForum" (technologies and equipment, farming machinery, provender milling and veterinary science), "Protection Technologies" (any emergency warning and elimination facilities), "CommunTech" (engineering technologies and equipment for municipal economy), "Aqua-Ukraine" (a unique forum that embraces the demonstration of up-to-date means and technologies of water prospecting, recovery, treatment and supply, along with a broad scientific and applied program on the issues of water storage and protection, water supply industry legal provision and other urgent problems).
Now IEC is the organizer of the most significant exhibition event of machine-building industry of Ukraine - "International Industrial Forum", which was approved by UFI (The Global Association of the Exhibition Industry).
During the process of operati